Getting off the ground

Hello, world.

The moment we’ve all been waiting for: the WordPress Foundation is now public. As they say, slow cookin’ makes good eatin’.

We finally have all our ducks in a row, proper tax status, and the beginnings of a non-profit mission to work toward.

So, welcome! Please have a look around the site to learn a bit about what this first iteration is going to set out to do. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments and I’ll do my best to answer them — but read all the pages on the site first. :)

This entry was posted in Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

150 Responses to Getting off the ground

1. Thank you for your work and your wonderful WordPress. Italians love you ;-)

2. Pastor Doug Joseph says:

I am one of many who is very, very grateful. Thank you.

3. Sushi says:

Congratulations on getting the foundation off the ground! Here’s to WordPress 3.0.

4. A new deal begins today !

5. Hugo says:

Congratulations! WordPress just keeps on moving.

6. Pingback: WordPress: Let’s Do a Foundation! | RSands Consulting

7. Wim says:

Congratulations! I’ve used WordPress for almost a year now and it’s been a blast. I migrated to WP after working with Dot Net Nuke for years. DNN is good but compared to WP, it’s slow and cumbersome. And I also love just how easy it is to add plug-ins and widgets. Excellent work!

Best of luck!

8. David Galiel says:

Congratulations. Brilliant move and a sign of WordPress’ maturity as a platform and transformational technology.

9. WordPress is a fantastic platform. As a recent convert I am pleased to see the many many diverse ways that it can be employed. My WordPress site has transformed the way I view websites and what Design Credo suggests to its customers.

A genuine good luck.

Andrew Butler Topsham, Exeter, Devon, UK

10. Jordi says:

Congratulations. I’m using Worldpress for most of my develops and designs and I hope it continues for ever!

11. Great News, Happy to see WP scale new heights. Open Source is the Future.

12. Congratulations, Matt! This is another giant leap for WordPress.

13. WordPress is a great tool, free at point of use and functionally rich. What more needs to be said… Those involved should be proud.

14. Amircyber says:

Congratulations WordPress !

15. Randy Schrock says:

You Rock! Thank you so much for this most important and contributory platform. Your work is a testament to all that’s right about the web. Kudos and best of luck.

16. Artee Mark says:

Congratulations. Poland loves You!

17. Ferodynamics says:

I hope we see more non-profits like this.

18. Troy says:

You can all be immensely proud of what WP has done for the world!! Very few bits have software had this kind of impact.

The sad thing is that your lives must be so hard trying to keep ahead of the hackers that know if they can exploit WP, their installed base is so massive – you do a great job and don’t let them get you down.

19. Cliff says:

Thank God for having a brilliant mind who spearheaded wordpress. Kodus and all the best in the coming years…

20. Daniel Wood says:

This is a great WordPress Blog. What theme are you using?

21. The Muse says:

Each day that passes, I become more enamored with my WordPress blog capabilities…

22. Raben says:

Thank you for your work and your passion, without them, many things would not have been possible!

23. Eddie Renz says:

I’m a Freelance Web Designer and I work exclusively with WordPress. I mean, why bother with anything else? It’s the most powerful, easy to configure, CMS with so many awesome Widgets and Plug-Ins that you’d be silly not to use it. Thanks for all the hard work!

24. piczoom says:

Congratulation for the new foundation, and really good philosophy based on it, i hope it gets the same popularity and community as WordPress CMS.
    good luck.

25. Pete says:

I’m a total Kook to WP but I am rapidly falling in love with all things WP.
    I’m not sure if this is the right place to Thank folks but…

Thank You so much. WORDPRESS is GREAT! You folks Rock!

Pete

26. Dharmang says:

Nice ! Hope you grow bigger and better always.

27. john says:

Congratulations! A new deal begins ,WordPress just keeps on moving.

28. Zhang says:

To all at WordPress Foundation, thank you for your wonderful work!
    Keep the good work!

29. Dila says:

Greetings from Malaysia..

Thank you for all the hardwork creating WordPress.org. There’re no words to describe how WordPress has taken easy web management to a whole new level! You guys are simply BRILLIANT!

30. pdfasdoc says:

Congratulations on the foundation. I attended my first wordcamp in Philly about a month ago. It’s something I highly recommend to anyone who had never attended one.

Comments are closed.