Matt Mullenweg, the director of the WordPress Foundation, has been directly involved in the creation of, or coordination of volunteers around, a number of WordPress projects that espouse the core philosophy:
- WordPress, freely available GPL blogging software with about 143,000 lines of code representing about 33 man-years of development.
- WordPress is available in over 50 languages and the latest version has been downloaded over 22 million times.
- WordPress Plugins, a repository of over 36,000 freely available plugins representing about as many volunteers. These plugins have received over 859 million downloads we know about.
- WordPress Themes, over 3,048 free GPL-licensed design and themes for WordPress that have received over 128 million downloads.
- bbPress, open source forum software built on the same backbone as WordPress.
- BuddyPress, a project that allows anyone to create a social network on purely Free Software.
The source code for all of the above is freely available for any use to anyone in the world via the links above.