In order to serve the public good, all of the software and projects we promote should support the following goals:
- The software should be licensed under the GNU Public License.
- The software should be freely available to anyone to use for any purpose, and without permission.
- The software should be open to modifications.
- Any modifications should be freely distributable at no cost and without permission from its creators.
- The software should provide a framework for translation to make it globally accessible to speakers of all languages.
- The software should provide a framework for extensions so modifications and enhancements can be made without modifying core code.